Tuesday, May 27, 2014

compatibility

i want nothing of your delusional world.
your world of love. of hope.
of beautiful visions.
of a lofty existence
aspiring for reachable greatness.

yes. you are important.
but is this the only proof?

what we share
has got to mean more than that.
what we have
is more than the sum of our perspectives.
what this is
is the celebration
of you for you, me for me
and that little suspended space
where a delicate ‘we’ has been made possible.

both worlds intersect 
in longing.
let probing hands and ravenous eyes
help us find each other.
and dissolve.float.
in a gossamer woven of desire.
free from nomenclatures.
for after all, it is but that
that separates us.

so allow me my crass cynicism.
my muck. my slime.
my sub-human existence
that discounts the possibility of redemption.
and you can want nothing of my deranged world.

we will manage.
don’t worry.
for neither optimism nor bitterness
will bother themselves with
for how long’.

No comments:

Post a Comment