Thursday, June 12, 2014

amorphous

it speaks to me.
this parrot green
covered book.
it tells me
of a world i know.
but foggily.
i could be this man.
on page 46.
but i am sure
the hands that made him
have never been in mine.
not even the familiarity
of a handshake.
perhaps the affinity
is incidental.accidental.
sentimental.
who knows?
by page 107
the trajectories of our lives
have diverged.
i am her now.
at the end of page 108.
but then.
its time tested.
by the time i reach
parrot green conclusions
on Page 453
i would have been
many.
many would have been me.
never to cross paths
ever again.
a new page.a new possibility.
the terrain of the book.
many possible lives for me.
the end of the book.
my choice.for my life.
for when it goes back
into dusty cramped
wooden corners
i will be me.again.

No comments:

Post a Comment